Friday 3 September 2010

Monsoon Accessorize A/W 2010 - A Review!

For me, Monsoon Accessorize has long been a first stop shop for kitch accessories and pretty party jewellery - as well as lust-worthy bags, scarves and hats for the winter. So you can imagine my delight when they contacted me, offering to send some of their new-season jewellery for review!

I've selected some of my favourite pieces, and I'm aiming to feature them on the next few posts before I send them back - so watch this space!

This chunky 'Mary Jane Pearl Necklace' isn't something I'd normally choose to wear, however, I fancied a little styling challenge and ended up chanelling a slight biker look. The necklace itself is made from large bronze-coloured faux-pearls, entwined with a glittering chain of faux-diamonds and all bound together on a thick gold chain. It is certainly a statement piece, and I definitely think it lends itself to this biker look rather well!

I really love the idea of adding a chunky necklace to an outfit, as it certainly gives your look an edge - and I think this one would work both on its own, as well as layered up with other gold necklaces.

What do you think of it?

Necklace - Monsoon Accessorize
Mesh Top - Oasis
Shorts - Charity Shop
Tights - H&M
Shoes - Vintage
Sunglasses - Camden Market

How would you style this necklace? I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Sadie xxx

(P.S. Sorry for my long unexplained absence - I blame a trip to Brighton, results day and general university organisation! I got in to my first choice though - hooray!)

16 comments:

the girl in the bowler hat said...

Congrats on getting into the university of your choice!

I love this necklace, it's not something I'd normally pick out but the way you've styled it shows it in a whole new light!

I'd possibly wear it with an oversized t-shirt/plain dress and probably just a jacket, knee high socks and converse maybe. Despite being a total lover of the traditional blouses and floaty skirts I must say I'm wearing more and more 'sporty' like outfits :)

Btw it's thelonelyteapot - I made a new blogspot

xxxx

Bee. said...

i loveeeeee accessorize a little too much.
i like the way you've styled this necklace (:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

what a pretty outfit!!

Kat said...

love your outfit :D get you, getting free stuff from monsoon haha!

congrats on getting into your first choice too! :)

http://fashionpeach17.blogspot.com

Myy said...

Pretty much how you styled it is hoe I would wear it! It looks very pretty!

Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

I truly like the way you styled it up.
When I first saw it, I imagined it with something black. I might make it a bit more feminine rather than punk.
But I think it's versatile for many looks. Great piece. :)

LilyRibbons said...

I love the necklace, not something i'd usually wear, but anything from accessorize is fab in my eyes! Id sport it with a plain white vest top so it just sits on the neckline, skinny bleached grey jeans, black biker boots and a black leather jacket! Biker is defo the way forward! Love it! And well done for uni, thats ab fab :) xxx

Georgie said...

Such a pretty necklace! Like the way you styled it too.
xx

Jenny said...

I'm never really sure of chunky necklaces, they can look so good but sometimes they're really heavy! xx

trendybook said...

I love your outfit, it´s diferent but it´s ok!

Do you know what? I´ve got a necklace very similar! I usually wear it with simple outfits, it doesn´t need another accessories. One day I wore it with a LBD, black high-heel shoes and with a black vintage bag :I really liked this combination!!:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting into your first choice! I love how you've styled the necklace - because it is such a statement piece you could try it with just a plain t-shirt and I think it would still stand out x

Callipygian said...

Congratulations on your university acceptance! I'd wear the necklace with a plain white, gray, or black t-shirt and jeans.

Helen said...

ooh what are you studying at uni? congrats.

Leigh said...

this was adorable! the outfit is great! you are so pretty!

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

Jasmine said...

I miss u ! YAY to the update finally :)

i love the outfit and of course you are pretty as always

i love chunky necklace too , it makes a simple outfit edgier and its eye catching too

wonderful bold statement ♥

Hannah said...

I love that outfit. It's very Kristen Stewart meets Lula Magazine. :)