Friday 7 October 2011

Une fille comme tant d'autres

I've been experimenting with a new photo location today! Naturally, I'm far too scared to actually take outfit photos in a public place - it takes me so long to actually compose a shot using a tripod (take a shot, have a look, move a bit, take a shot, have a look, move a bit more... I'm sure you all know the drill) that I don't think I'd be able to cope with the amount of stares I'd receive. So my new back garden will have to do! It's actually rather picturesque - the only draw back is that sometimes the leaves like to balance on your head just as the shot is taking, as is seen below.

As my UK readers will know, we've just had an 'Indian Summer' here. Although I was grateful for the heat, it isn't quite as enjoyable when you have a 2 hour accounting lecture in the hottest room on campus... cue short attention span/almost falling asleep. Despite this weather, I somehow managed to get tonsillitis and a cold, which has left my voice a few hundred octaves lower... hoping it will get better soon!

Anyway, today it was absolutely freezing cold and rainy - good old temperamental Great Britain. I decided to don my favourite vintage pinafore dress along with my River Island coat, in an outfit combination that makes me pretend to myself that I'm in a Francoise Hardy video.




In other news - I've just started a Blogger of the Week feature in my university newspaper. You may recognise my first featured blogger as Liv from whatoliviadid.com - whose blog I can highly recommend! If any of you have any suggestions of other good student bloggers, please do let me know!


Sadie xxx

11 comments:

Isabel Rose said...

Such a lovely dress! Hope your cold gets better soon!
<3

www.frillsandfreckles.blogspot.com

Georgie said...

Love your outfit, especially the coat! I need to find a good one for autumn. And I feel for you, I'm also beginning to feel a bit peaky, probs the sudden change from boiling hot to freezing cold! xx

LeniKarvo said...

I'm seriously in love with you umbrella :D

Dani said...

Love the outfit! That coat is absolutely gorgeous, I'm coveting it just a wee bit! x

Cait said...

Lovely pinafore, the whole outfit looks great. I know what you mean about taking outfit pictures in public, I'm trying to conquer my fear :)

The Snow Child said...

you have the sweetest smile xxxx

Le Fresne said...

I feel the same about taking photos in public!
Your entire outfit is fab, even down to the umbrella!

witchhare.blogspot.com/

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

LOL, I know EXCATLY what you mean trying to get photos for an outfit post in a picturesque pubic location. I used to attempt to hide in the local gardens with my tripod and try to look like I was photographing a bush or a tree if anyone wandered by.

sweet harvest moon said...

Love these pictures! Your dress is very pretty!

Nahar & Nazia said...

this is random, but you look A LOT like jodie foster from the side (silence of the lambs.) she's gorgeous and so are you. awesome photos, i love umbrella pictures (took some a few weeks ago) ;)

those dreadful children said...

that is one stylin' umbrella.